We are a network of UC Davis faculty, staff, students, and alumni who are deeply concerned about the climate crisis. Some of us have met informally for years, and have been involved in projects such as the following:
- Leading UCD participation in the UC Fossil Fuel Divestment campaign between 2010 and 2019
- Organizing and leading the 2015-16 UC Office of the President-funded workshops on Climate and Sustainability Education
- Initiating and gaining approval for the Climate Science & Policy minor in 2018
- Coordinating with other UCs on development of the UC/CSD climate change education website.
- Developing the Environmental Humanities Designated Emphasis for graduate students.
Other UCD faculty are involved in the UC Green New Deal campaign, which has developed a broader agenda for UC similar to the Green New Deal proposed by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Sen. Edward Markey in Washington, D.C. The UC GND Platform can be viewed at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mBOF8wgnOsc-NhgG5VXBIFc5h2UDAeel/view.